Day 1 - Ceramics
Vietnam - Visite d'un fabrique de céramiques à Dong Trieu - Ceramic Factory in Dong Trieu - video from Fenotte on Vimeo.
Today we went to the Hong Ngoc Art Painting Workshop which sold ceramic and marble figurines and painted and stitched fine art pieces. When we arrived there we were greeted by a very pretty lady who was our guide through the factory. First we saw the workers at work, sowed the art pieces together. We were told that 60% of these workers were disabled and mainly deaf or dumb. The other 40% have no family. The local government has helped these people find a job, which is currently in this business. As these people are disabled and homeless, they are commission based, food and lodging are provided for by the company itself. Next we saw how the people made the ceramic figurines.We spotted them in action smoothening the surface of the figurines.
We also visited the Dong Trieu Ceramic factory after another bus ride.They showed us how the ceramic products were made and we they also showed us how a mould was made.We were led into a warehouse filled with various different flower pots,tea cups,plates and various other products.They then led us into the shop which had an assorted selection of different pottery and